Designer: Kat Silvia
Skill Level: Beginner
This unique necklace uses gold oval ring connectors to create a focal piece that sits in the center of a gold rolo chain.
You will be using a lot of jump rings in the project so watch the video on how to open and close a jump ring if you are unfamiliar with jump rings.
- Start by making the focal piece from the 10 gold rings. They will be in a triangle form. (See photo)
- Start at the bottom with one ring and attach it to two rings on each upper corner with a jump ring. Then attach the two rings to each other using another jump ring. This will form a small triangle of three rings.
- Repeat this process for the two top of the triangle rings. Add three more rings with jump rings, then attach them to each other.
- Repeat one more time with three new top of the triangle rings by adding four rings with jump rings on top of them. Refer back to the photo often for where the jump rings are placed.
- Now that you have your focal piece finished, find the center point of your 24" chain. Layout your necklace on your worktable and "place" the focal rings in the center of the chain where you want them to be attached. You will attach the four top rings to the chain using jump rings, just be sure that you leave an equal number of chain links in between each ring. Do this now.
- To attach the clasp, open a jump ring and connect it to the end chain link on one side of your necklace as well as your lobster clasp. Close the jump ring. The lobster clasp will simply connect onto the end chain link on the other side of your clasp for closure.
- BMB-3750 -
Project uses 10 pieces. You will need 5 packages.
- FJR-5260 - 22K Gold Plated 6mm 19 Gauge Open Jump Rings (100)
Project uses 23 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-98974 - 22K Gold Plated Round Rolo Chain - 4.8mm Diameter - Sold By The Foot
Project uses 2 feet. You will need 2 packages.
- FCL-2531 - 22K Gold Plated Sleek Lobster Claw Clasps 12mm (10)
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
|Ingredients||BMB-3750, FJR-5260, CHA-98974, FCL-2531,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 100 Pieces.
$8.29 / Package | SKU: FJR-5260
You will need 2 package(s).
1 package = By The Foot.
$3.99 / Package | SKU: CHA-98974
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 10 Pieces.
$10.79 / Package | SKU: FCL-2531
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$6.39 / Package | SKU: XTL-5511
$6.23 / Package | SKU: XTL-5514