Designer: Julie Bean
Skill Level: Beginner
The colors of a beautiful sunset shine in this versatile piece of jewelry. Wear it as a wrapped bracelet or convert it to a necklace. The Miyuki Berry Beads add depth and sparkle to this classically strung design.
Note: The clasp is really optional on this project. I placed it in there because I wanted to be able to use this bracelet as a necklace and it is easier to make several wraps around your neck if you have a clasp versus trying to get it over your head. If you just want to use this as a bracelet, then feel free to leave off the clasp.
- Cut 48" of Beadalon beading wire in gold color. Place a bead stopper approximately 5 inches from the tail of the beading wire.
- String onto your beading wire: 1 gold crimp bead and 2 Miyuki berry beads in beige lined crystal.
- Next, string onto you wire:
- 1 Swarovski 6mm bicone in Amethyst Dorado
- 8 Miyuki berry beads in beige lined crystal
- 1 Czech fire polished 4mm round bead in metallic gold luster
- 1 Czech fire polished 6mm round bead in brown iris
- 1 more Czech fire polished 4mm round bead in metallic gold luster
- 8 more Miyuki berry beads in beige lined crystal
- Repeat the last step another 18 times.
- String onto your beading wire 1 Swarovski 6mm bicone in Amethyst Dorado, 2 Miyuki berry beads in beige lined crystal, and a gold crimp bead.
- Separate your box clasp so that there are two pieces to it.
- Slide the tail of your beading wire through the loop attached to one half of your clasp. Pull it through and then loop it back through the crimp bead on your beading wire and several beads adjacent to it. Crimp the crimp bead and snip off the excess wire with flush cutters.
- Go to the other end of your beaded strand and remove the bead stopper. Repeat the above step on this side with the other half of your clasp, making sure to pull snug before crimping to eliminate any gaps in your beading.
- BCP-3409 -
Project uses 36 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- BCP-3682 - Czech Fire Polished Glass Beads 6mm Round Brown Iris (25)
Project uses 18 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- DBP-005 -
Project uses 292 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FCL-4838 -
Project uses 1 piece. You will need 1 package.
- FCR-1200 - Beadalon Gold Plated Crimp Beads 1.3mm (85 Beads)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- XCR-67593 - Beadalon Wire Gold Color 7 Strand .015 Inch / 30Ft
Project uses 4 feet. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-3000 - Bead Stopper- Stop Beads Sliding Off Stringing Material
- XTL-5200 - Standard Size Beading Crimping Pliers (For 2x2mm & 2x1mm Crimp Beads)
|Ingredients||BCP-3409, BCP-3682, DBP-005, FCL-4838, FCR-1200, XCR-67593,|
Purchase the components needed to make this project. Change quantities as needed to make multiple pieces. Please review project instructions carefully—some items may no longer be available for this project and will not be listed below. Tip: Save this project to your wishlist to easily return to project instructions.
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 85 Pieces.
$3.25 / Package | SKU: FCR-1200
You will need 1 package(s).
1 package = 1 Spool.
$7.49 / Package | SKU: XCR-67593
Earn Reward Points with your purchase of project components or tools.
Tools and Other Supplies:
$22.95 / Package | SKU: XTL-5600
$7.75 / Package | SKU: XTL-3000
$14.25 / Package | SKU: XTL-5200