The perfect compromise between the versatility of open jump rings and the security of closed jump rings.
You will receive the rings in the open position.
Assemble your piece, then follow the directions provided below to "lock" the jump ring in the closed position.
1. Use two smooth or nylon jaw chain nose pliers to grip the sides of the Jumplock at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions, with the opening at the top.
2. Holding the left side stead, twist the right side of the ring a quarter-turn away from you. Place your chain, charm, or finding onto the Jumplock.
3. While continuing to hold the left side stead, twist the right side back toward you a quarter-turn past the closed position.
4. Begin to bring your Jumplock into the closed position. As you twist back, very gently push the right side in just enough to make sure that the edges of the two ends make contact with each other. As you reach the closed position, you will hear a click.
5. Twist the right side back and forth very slightly to align the two ends and finish hardening the metal into the closed postion.
Once the Jumplock is clicked into place, your jewelry is secure against regular wear and tear. Unlike regular jump rings, these rings will not open accidentally.
PLEASE NOTE: Make sure you are happy with your design before locking your rings closed. These locking rings are one-use-only. They can be opened again with your pliers, however, it is not recommended. If you close the ring again, the locking ridges will be worn down, and the ring may lose its locking capability.
Measurements: 4mm outside diameter. Wire is 20 gauge, or .032 Inch.
Quantity: 100 Piece Bulk Pack. For a smaller pack, see our item FJR-05314.
NOTE: This item ships separately and is ineligible for promotional discounts other than Reward Points. Shipments processed in 1-2 business days.