Genuine Natural Opal Chips Beads 5-14mm / 15.5 Inch Strand
Ships from the U.S.A.
Earn Reward Points
with this product.
- Genuine Opal Chips at a great price!
- Intermittent flashes of iridescence shine on pale pink and cream stones.
- Natural chips shapes include rough edges for added dimension.
- Size: Chips range in length (along string) from 1-3mm and 5-14mm in width.
- Hole is less than 1mm in diameter. Temporarily strung on silk, we recommend our Size 2 Griffin Silk for stringing, or use .010 Soft Flex.
- You will receive one 15.5 Inch strand.
- Opals play of color, flashing and sparkling cannot be matched by any stone. Opal is made up of silica. Opal contains 6 to 10 percent water, therefore direct exposure to sunlight or heat can crack or deform opal. Opal was treasured in the Middle Ages and was called "ophthalmios" or eye stone, due to a widespread belief that it was beneficial to eyesight. Ancient opal came from the mines near Cervenica, Hungry, in what is now Eastern Slovakia. Opal is the birthstone of October.
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides