Red Cinnabar Round Disc Focal Beads 13mm Good Luck Design (2 pcs)
Ships from the U.S.A.
Earn 2 Reward Points
with this product.
- A sweet, smaller sized Cinnabar bead, beautiful as a contrast to (for instance) black onyx beads in a necklace.
- Beautiful Chinese carving of Good Luck symbol on both sides of beads.
- Lightweight and perfect for earrings.
- All modern Cinnabar is either a polymer resin coating on wood, or solid resin. Our Cinnabar is solid resin. Please see our notes at bottom of listing for the full story.
- Measurements: thick round disc shape, 13mm diameter and approximately 9.5-10 mm thick
- Drilled from top to bottom as shown in photo. Hole is approximately 1-2mm in diameter. No two beads exactly alike in color or size, but we do our best to match pairs. All measurements approximate, may vary by 1-2 millimeters.
- Two Cinnabar 13mm Disc focal beads.
- Cinnabar was developed in China and was originally composed of highly toxic Red Mercury Sulfide, used in lacquerware to give wood a red coating. True Cinnabar can no longer be made because it is extremely dangerous. In the modern jewelry industry, the toxic pigment is replaced by a resin-based polymer that approximates the appearance of pigmented lacquer. This is sometimes called "imitation" cinnabar, but it is actually the only cinnabar you will find on the market today.
Project Tutorials Using this Item
Useful Techniques & Learning Guides