Final Sale - Baroque Art Gilders Paste - Highlight Metal, Wood and More! 'Patina' 1 oz
Ships from the U.S.A.
Earn 26 Reward Points
with this product.
All sales of clearance items are final.
- Gilders Paste is a wax-based medium used to highlight metal, wood, ceramics, polymer clay, bisque, candles, gourds and more!
- Apply Gilders Paste with finger, sponge, toothbrush, paintbrush or cloth in a rubbing motion or use other creative mediums to produce a unique finish.
- Layer on top of one another or mix to create different finishes or an endless color palette.
- Thin out with paint thinner to transform the highly concentrated Gilders Paste for brushing, sponging, staining, washing or spray painting.
- Drying time varies depending on substrate and surface preparation, approximately 60 minutes to the touch on dry debris free surfaces and 12 hours for complete cure time. If polishing or burnishing is required allow 12 hours drying time.
- There are varying opinions if you need to seal the Gilders Paste (after it has fully dried for 12 hours). We recommend that you do seal it with a clear matte finish acrylic spray sealer. We found that 3 light coats worked best. You can purchase such an item at art stores and some hardware stores. If you want a more lustrous shine, then use a satin or glossy sealant.
- Polishing the metallic Gilders Pastes with a soft cloth will produce a gilded finish substituting gold, silver, bronze leaf; nonmetallic pastes will be shiny. If left unpolished the finish will be semi gloss or matte depending on the color.
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS
- WARNING: Contains FLAMMABLE solvent. Allow at least 24 hours drying time if using on candles. Waiting at least 24 hours will allow the solvent to dissipate and no longer be a ignition source.
- NOTE: Gilders Paste is a very dry medium, it is meant to be rubbed onto a surface to create highlights. You can also paint it on a surface but paint thinner must be added. Your container may arrive with small cracks in the wax and appear somewhat "dried out" - this is normal for this product. If you want a liquid "paint" type product, we recommend a product such as Vintaj Patinas. If after time you feel like your Gilders Paste is just too dry, you can add a couple drops of Turpenoid to the container and close the lid. After a few minutes it should appear looser and the contents will have been restored to a more workable state.
- COLOR: Patina
- QUANTITY: One 1 oz container. Comes in a blister pack with craft sticks.