Note: Components and tools listed within this INSTRUCTIONS box and the printer-friendly PDF, if available, may have been discontinued since this project was published. Refer to the PURCHASE COMPONENTS and TOOLS AND OTHER SUPPLIES sections for current availability.
- Cut a 2 inch length of 20 gauge copper wire. Straighten the wire with nylon jaw pliers if necessary.
- Grip one end of the wire in the tips of your round nose pliers and twist your wrist forward to create a loop.
- Grip the loop in the jaws of your duckbill flat nose pliers and bend the wire around the loop with your fingers. Turn the piece in the jaws of the pliers and keep bending the wire around to create a flat spiral.
- Repeat steps 2-3 on the other side of the wire. Spiral both ends of the wire until the piece measures 3/4 inches long.
- Find the midpoint of the wire and grip it with the duckbill flat nose pliers so the edge of the pliers is adjacent to the midpoint. Bend the wire 90 degrees at the midpoint. Shape the piece with your fingers so the spirals are next to each other and the wire piece is in the shape of a heart.
- Place the heart component on your steel bench block and hammer it evenly with a chasing hammer to flatten and work-harden the wire.
- Cut two 1/2 inch lengths of silver chain.
- Open a jump ring and slide on the last link of one piece of chain, and also the inner loop of one of the spirals at the top of the heart link. Close the jump ring.
- Repeat step 8 for the other side of the heart, so a length of chain is attached to each spiral at the top.
- Open another jump ring and slide on the first links of both pieces of chain. Close the jump ring.
- Open the loop of an earring hook and slide on the jump ring from the previous step. Close the loop.
- Enjoy your earrings!
- WNT-2034 - Beadsmith Tarnish Resistant Bright Copper Wire 20 Gauge 15 Yards (13.5 Meters)
Project uses 4 inches. You will need 1 package.
- FEA-3073 - Genuine Copper French Wire Earring Hooks With Loop 18MM (25 Pairs)
Project uses 2 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- FJR-3080 - Genuine Copper Open Jump Rings 4mm 21 Gauge (50)
Project uses 6 pieces. You will need 1 package.
- CHA-2400 - Silver Plated 2mm x 2.4mm Cable Chain - By The Foot
Project uses 2 inches. You will need 1 package.
- XTL-5511 - Beadsmith Jeweller's Micro Pliers Chain Nose Flat Nose
- XTL-5514 - Beadsmith Jewelry Fine Round Nose Micro Pliers
- XTL-5600 - Xuron Sharp Flush Cutter Pliers - Wire/Soft Flex
- XTL-5670 - Wubbers Classic Series Narrow Flat Nose Duckbill Pliers - 3mm Wide Jaws
- XTL-0074 - Eurotool Nylon Jaw Pliers Chain Nose- For Scratch-Free Wire Work
- XTL-2152 - Beadsmith Jeweler's Chasing Hammer - 1 Inch Head - Metal Smithing
- XTL-0250 - Eurotool Bench Block Helper - Rubber Base With Interchangeable Steel And Nylon Blocks
|Theme||Valentine's Day, Under $20 - Designer Picks|
|Ingredients||WNT-2034, FEA-3073, FJR-3080, CHA-2400,|